Saturday, March 14, 2009

Mmmm....fire sticks

Last night, Dad brought a bunch of sticks into the house. I love sticks! Oh how I love munching them, crunching them and pooping on them.

So anyway, back to the indoor sticks. Apparently, they were going to have a "fire." Yea, it's kinda nice. It's warm and toasty, but I'm more interested in the sticks.

So, I found my favorite. A nice, beautiful stick (a little longer than a basset). So, doing what any good pig would do, I stole it. I munched it (mmmm....tasty!). And then I carried it upstairs to my favorite munching spot. See?
Mmm....fiber.
Then I tried bringing it into Mom and Dad's room, but no such luck. Something about bark shavings all over the floor and scratching the furniture. I don't know, I wasn't paying attention, I was trying to play keep away with my stick.


Then, the unthinkable happened. Dad stole my stick and put it in the fire place. Next thing I knew, my favorite stick was nothing but crumbs. Stupid Dad.

But then, this morning after my breakfast I remembered that they didn't use all the sticks last night. There were still 3 left! Sure, they were about a basset and a half long each, but who cares? I love indoor sticks!

So, I stole another one. From the bottom of the pile, naturally. So, while Mom and Dad were still in bed I rummaged through the stick pile and selected my favorite. Yea, I dropped it a few times, but finally managed to carry it up the 13 stairs to their room. Success!!! ::munch, munch, munch::

Then I decided it wasn't actually my favorite stick, so I needed to get the other one. This was was more of a struggle, but worth the fight. So, I dragged that one upstairs too. Now I had TWO sticks upstairs! Yay!

Then Mom and Dad decided it was a bad idea for me to be eating sticks and stole them away from me. Jerks.

Even worse - they hid them! How could they? And then they broke out the vacuum so I don't even have crumbs to eat. I hate the vacuum!

Oh well. The next stick that comes into this house is mine.

1 comment: