Saturday, January 24, 2009

Have ya met Fred?

Fred is my little convict buddy. You see, he's another basset hound that looks just like me. For real. If you're not familiar with the backstory and how Fred escaped the first time, please click here: Fred.

He escaped again last night. He was once again running straight for Mom and Dad's car. So, they pulled over and Fred whined to be let in...so Fred sat on Mom's lap. I can tell because I spent a good 30 minutes sniffing her coat when they got home. Dad called the owner and drove home because no one was answering the phone. Mom was planning on keeping Fred because, well, she's a cheater and loves him too. Jerk. But as soon as they arrived home, the Fred's human called back and Mom, Dad and Fred were off to return him.

This is Fred:

I suppose he's alright looking. I mean, after all, he does look enough like me to make him kind of attractive. But I'm still number 1. Right? Me:


For the record, Mom was going to take Fred in to meet me and take a few good pictures of him and us together, but Dad wouldn't let her.

Until we meet again, Fred.

1 comment:

Mrs.G said...

Dear Baxter,
Of course you're still #1! You're the most handsome Basset of them all! I hope you get to meet Fred again and your dad lets your mom take some pics. That'd be awesome!
:) Mrs. G