Saturday, November 1, 2008

I am the basset that goes bump in the night

Yea, that's me.

Usually at night I check on my parents a few times. You know, trot around the bed and make sure they're still in there. Sometimes I sleep walk though, and walk my dome right into the side of their bed. Stupid wooden bed. Always getting in my way.

Last night, mom was lying in bed. Since I'm so stealthy, I peaked over the foot of the bed and saw mom alone. I lunged into action and appeared next to her. Yea, I know I'm not "supposed" to be on their bed. But who cares? So, I did the nice thing and sniffed her. Knowing she couldn't kick me off because of her recent surgery, I started circling. You'd think a king size bed would automatically be comfortable. But it's not. It too requires the proper amount of circling to ensure maximum comfort.

Unfortunately, right when I got comfortable, Dad came out of the bathroom and started telling me to get off. I understood what he was saying, but wagged my tail, hoping to persuade him into letting me stay. I thought it worked. Dad got into bed and for a moment, all three of us were snug as a bug in a rug...or on a bed...whatever.

But then dad shoved his covered feet under me and off the bed I went. Jerk. I will win.

No comments: